Ultrasonic detection uses sound waves to detect discontinuities in metals, plastics, and ceramics. Irregularities in any of these mediums are identified by velocity of sound waves through them and the time taken for echo reception. Tundra technicians utilize Ultrasonic detection for finding the abnormalities to help predict before catastrophic failure occurs.
Ultrasonic Detection Capabilities:
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Detect Leaks in Gas, Air or Vacuum lines
- Monitor bearings and use to prevent over-lubrication of bearings
- Monitor steam traps and valves for leaks
- Detect corona discharges in electrical systems